“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi, there! Did you know that by growing Seedles, you’ve joined a movement with over 35,000 others to grow a BILLION flowers? Plus Seedles help you become a planet superhero because they grow bee food.
Seedles are rainbow bright balls of compost and wildflower seeds that add fun and vibrant colors to your neighborhood while benefiting local pollinators.
- Find a sunny spot that gets at least 4-6 hours of direct sunlight each day.
- Push each seed ball halfway into the soil, so the top half is out of the soil, but the bottom half is nicely nestled into it’s fertile surroundings.
- Water the seed balls daily until they are 4” tall, then you can water once a week. Rain works, just make sure it's consistent during the germination period. Always ensure they are moist like a brownie, not soaked.
Planting Best Practices
When: The best times to plant wildflower Seedles are just after the final winter frost (early spring) during the rainy period or in the late fall at least 10 weeks before the first frost. Ensure temperatures will remain 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit or above during their germination period of 2-3 weeks.
Where: Plant Seedles in a sunny spot that gets at least 4-6 hours of sunlight each day. Our Edible flower, and Partial Shade varieties can be grown in shaded areas with less than optimal sun exposure (less than 4 hours per day).
How: Clear any weeds, grasses, or other plants in the area prior to planting to ensure the wildflowers have the best chance of success. Plant halfway into the soil, halfway out. Crush the balls up and loosely cover with 1/8th inch soil if you want to cover a larger area.
Notes of Caution
- When children play with Seedles, provide supervision as clay, compost, and earth based pigments should not be inhaled or ingested. All ingredients are organic and non-toxic, but let's not test it on your kids.
- We do not recommend you to throw Seedles in wild, sensitive, protected, or fragile habitats. We encourage you to respect natural areas, other people’s property and public spaces.
- We recommend you to grow any non-native varieties of Seedles in your personal property only. We also recommend you plant the native varieties of wildflower Seedles in your specific region only.
Frequently Asked Questions
View our frequently asked questions here. Need more answers, please contact us online, or call our phone number - (415) 580-2780 to speak to a real, live, breathing human.
Our Commitment to the Environment
As new parents, we want to make this planet a better place for our children and yours. The planet and our social impact are at the forefront of our decisions.
Our “plastic” bags and stickers are biodegradable and come from local San Francisco Bay Area companies. We have used recyclable and waste stream materials as much as possible from our package stuffing and printing paper to the wood required for the Seedle making machine. Thank you for doing your part by composting or recycling the materials in your package.
For our story and more information, please check our About Us page.
Bee happy. Bee well.