W - Hummingbird & Butterfly Seedles
Your Garden Will Love You
Hummingbird & Butterfly Seedles will create a buzz, flutter, and hum in your garden. These beneficial flowers will attract pollinators from all around your area particularly hummingbirds, monarch butterflies, and native bees.åÊIt contains 16 wildflowers, both annuals and perennials, that will attract our winged friends. This mixture is designed to provide stunning color all season long, year after year. It will burst into blooms the first year with the annual wildflowers and provide color in years after with the perennials.åÊThese Seedles are non-GMO, neonicotinoid-free and guaranteed to grow.
Each Hummingbird & ButterflyåÊSeedle containsåÊ5-10åÊdifferent seeds all from the varieties listed below. Each pack contains 20åÊHummingbird & ButterflyåÊSeedles. We recommend planting them about one per square foot for a meadow look.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which varieties are included in this mixture?
A:åÊChina Aster,åÊChinese Forget-Me-Not,åÊWild Cosmos,åÊRocket Larkspur,åÊPurple Coneflower (Echinacea),åÊ Baby's Breath,åÊRose Mallow,åÊBaby Snapdragon,åÊArroyo Lupine,åÊLemon Mint,åÊBlack-eyed Susan,åÊ Scarlet Sage,åÊ Catchfly,åÊCrimson Clover & Nasturtium. About half are annuals and half are perennials.
Q: Do I really just throw them on the ground?
A: In short, yes.
The optimum planting time depends upon your climate and average rainfall. In areas with colder winters, spring or early summer seeding is best. Spring plantings should be done as soon as the planting area can be worked, but after the last frost. Early summer plantings should only be done if rainfall patterns are anticipated or supplemental irrigation is available.
Q: What are the optimal growing instructions for Hummingbird & Butterfly seed balls?
- Check for your last frost date and plant after this has passed.
- Choose a spot on your property that gets 6 or more hours of direct sun a day (unless you are planting aåÊPartial Shade Mixture).
- Prepare your soil by clearing the area of all existing growth. Simply dig up everything that is growing, turn the soil and rake the area flat. If this is an area that has never before been gardened, you may need to till the area up to remove growth.
- Place Seedles halfway into the soil, so the top half is sticking out of the soil and the bottom half is seated nicely into the soil. Do not bury.
- Water so that the soil is moist, not soaking wet, until the seedlings are about 4-6" tall. After that, the seedlings will survive on natural rains. If you are experiencing very dry weather, we recommend watering occasionally.
Maturity: Approx. 40-65 days
Planting season: Late spring/summer
Zones:åÊ1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Soils: clay soil, sandy soil, loamy soil, drought/dry soil, moist/wet soil & acidic soil.
Q: How many do I need for my space?
A: Each Hummingbird & ButterflyåÊSeedle contains between 5 and 10åÊflower seeds depending on the flower variety and their germination rate. Each Seedle can cover up to 1 square foot of space, but for a denser look of flower place 2-3åÊper square foot. Some of the flowers, like nasturtium are shade tolerant and actually fertilize your soil by storing nitrogen near the roots.åÊ
Q: How Big Are They?
A: Each Seedle is the size of a nickel, some are slightly smaller, some bigger.
Please enter your wholesale password below